Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Commanding Storms - The Real Power in Jesus' Name

This morning a friend posted a question on facebook about our ability to command bad weather to stop. She mentioned that every time she tries this it works - and she wanted to know if anyone else had tried or experienced this.

With all the storms and fires roaring across the country right now, I felt this topic was very fitting to share today. Earlier this year there was a bad wind storm and my 6-year-old daughter has been traumatized since the tornado last fall that touched down over Layton. She asked me if we could command the storm to stop. We both went out on the front porch and raised our hand and in Jesus' name commanded (with authority in our voice) the winds to stop. Immediately they stopped from garbage cans blowing down the street to barely even a breeze. The rest of my family looked at us in disbelief. The radar showed the worst of the storm yet to come. There were still dark clouds over the house but no wind. The wind never came back the rest of the evening. It was a testimony builder for my young daughter that Christ has authority over the elements. They obey His authority and there is power in His name. When we exercise the power of His name coupled with our faith - anything is possible.

I was reminded of an experience last year of a storm that came over my in-law's house and the entire city, in Germany. With my faith, I called upon Heaven to stop the rain  and divert the storm for my niece's birthday party. We witnessed a miracle that day. I later learned that on the other side of town, the missionaries did the same thing for an even they were at, and also witnessed a miracle. This experience along with a few other miracles that happened that week, are shared in detail in the video below (from my Happy Lady playlist). I pulled up the video so that I could share and was amazed when I saw that this video was published exactly a year ago to this date (September 5th 2017). Coincidences are always confirmations from the Lord. Could this video made a year ago to the date, actually had been made for a time such as now? The Lord works in mysterious way. This confirmation testified to me that this video needed to be shared today.

It is my hope and prayer that after watching it along with the images shared below (in relation to the story) it will stir up a powerful faith and confidence among those who find this post. A faith unwavering and a confidence unbreakable. Rather than enduring and suffering through the storms in life, we can find the faith to cast them away. Rather than living in fear of danger we can be over the weather and not under it. Aligning ourselves with the will of the Lord in all things, can give us the knowledge and strength to know when to act and the trust needed to ignite that faith into powerful action. I believe it was the Spirit who spoke the idea of stopping those storms into my mind and the mind of my daughter. All good thoughts come from the Lord. When doubt creeps in, and you second guess a good thought - remember that doubt is the weapon of the adversary. He uses doubt to destroy faith - every time.

It may be the will of the Lord to send a storm, but it can also be the will of the Lord to spare your home or neighborhood during that storm. If we don't ask, or have the faith - His hands are tied.

Luke 8:21-25

22  Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched forth.

23 But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy.

24 And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.

25 And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

With all my heart I know this to be true. In Jesus' name amen.

 

The weather angel in the patch of blue sky.








The missionaries in Hof - who also had a miracle.
Manuel's grandma in the center. She passed away on December 7th.

I have written many posts over the years about storms and prayer. Here are some older posts you might enjoy:



No comments: