Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Let's Talk Women's Conference! (My Startling Experience & Final Thoughts on False Traditions)

I don't know about you but Women's Conference last Saturday was my favorite! I have never filled up the pages in my conference book with that many notes. I always feel like they get better and better every time, but this one truly spoke to me more powerfully than any other conference before. Everything that I have been doing, hearing, sharing, and experiencing was touched on in this conference. Did you hear the same powerful message that I did? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

 In this week's video message I share the gems I pulled from women's conference as well as a startling experience that happened to me over the weekend - as I share some final thoughts and updates on false traditions.

 

4 comments:

amy said...

I have great news for you! The only two temples in Utah with limited hours on the 31st are Ogden and Bountiful. :) The rest are open. Also, I'm pretty sure the reason for the limited hours in Davis and Weber is a training for the Temple Presidency and I think ordinance workers. I'm not 100% sure, but I could probably do some more asking.

Ruth Thompson said...

Marty McFly analogy!!! HAAHAHAHA!!! Nailed it!!! That sang to my many times broken heart when I've shared my awakening thoughts and feelings!

I'm sorry you've gotten discouraging feedback and I can see you are handling it so well. The journey is hard but it's got to be shared. We need to wake each other up. And let's be honest - when we are awoken out of a dead sleep (deep traditions), it rarely goes well (initially). Keep it up. :D

Lindsey said...

Thanks Ruth!! 😄

Lindsey said...

Thanks Amy! Yes, I since learned it was just the temples in my area that are closing early. Wish they'd stay open ❤️