Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Real Spiritual Treat!

Yesterday, I discovered this video and have absolutely enjoyed it - almost as much as I enjoy Mike Stroud podcasts! I also have watched part one, but there is something about part two that really spoke to me.

As you know, the Lord always leads me to the best gems when I'm searching outside of the box. I have shared before (See this post) the importance of searching outside the box with an open and honest heart. The Spirit once told me several years ago, "the basics of the gospel and what you get on Sundays is the milk, but if you want the meat you have to be willing to go where I can take you."

It's the same concept as "don't judge a book by it's cover". That judgement closes you off to the greater light. The Lord often leads me to various people, books, and places just to teach me one or two important truths at a time. Often times, they are people I'm not familiar with or who belong to another faith, but the Lord leads me on. Sometimes the places the Lord leads me are a little out of my comfort zone, but He taught me "You must learn step out of your comfort zone, if you want to go where I can take you." I no longer feel uncomfortable or strange when He leads me somewhere new. I have learned to trust Him, and every little precious truth He has shared, has blessed my life in ways I could have never imagined. It has strengthened my testimony and only added to it.

If you have read Visions of Glory, then you will hear many familiar gems in this video, but also some new incredible treasures. It was an added witness to me, about the glorious work that the Lord is doing on the earth right now to prepare for His coming. He doesn't just use members of the LDS church do His work. Whomever is willing and ready, He will use. All who are willing to testify that He died for us, that He lives, and that He's soon coming back - He will use. All who are willing to go wherever He leads them, no matter how uncomfortable it may be at times - He will use.

If you need more reassurance, check out the second video I posted below from the Mormon Channel's "Faith Works" series, that I shared earlier this year. Watch that before watching the first video I posted. It will help open your mind.

The Lord led me to the following video below, by Pastor Bruce Allen, from Still Water Ministries, and I have been blessed by it. I felt prompted to share it here on my blog. I pray that whatever the Spirit testifies to you through this message - you will have the ears to hear it. :)

The "About Our Ministry" section of Pastor Allen's website says the following:

God has not called us to do what seems possible, reasonable or normally attainable; He has called us to do the impossible. He wants us to stretch beyond our ability, our faith and our capacity to reason. He wants us to do more than we could ever imagine or dream.

...and I couldn't agree more!





No comments: