Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Finding Joy in the Last Days - Part 1

Over the past few weeks something wonderful has been happening to me. I’m guessing that I’m not the only one and I’d love to hear from anyone else who might be on the same page. In fact, the Spirit has been strongly nudging me to share this message in a blog post, so here we go!

A dear friend of mine reached out to me last week with a question. My unexpected response stirred up a curious excitement in her that led to a phone conversation in which we both agreed that I should share this message in a blog post.

I am so happy to share this because it's going to change lives! I know because it has already changed mine.

The email she sent:

I just found this article on Meridian Magazine this morning - it talks about our day and the need to "stir up" people to repentance who are sleeping:
Reminds me of a recent quote from Elder Oakes, April 2004 Conference:

Signs of the Second Coming are all around us and seem to be increasing in frequency and intensity. ... While we are powerless to alter the fact of the Second Coming and unable to know its exact time,we can accelerate our own preparation and try to influence the preparation of those around us.  We need to make both temporal and spiritual preparation for the events prophesied at the time of the Second Coming. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, and how we can stay stirred up once we're awake.

My response:

I've been overcome with a huge wave of excitement about this new period we have entered into. I realized that amazing things are going to be happening that we are not used to seeing. I've been doing all I can to call on the powers of heaven daily and command the hosts to remove evil from my neighborhood, ward, stake, city, schools and even my husband's work. Since I've been doing that, all these amazing miracles have been happening in our life. I've seen witness of angels around us and our entire community seems to be brighter and happier. I've been teaching my kids how to do this. We have so much fun exercising our faith over the adversary and casting him out wherever we go. I think as more people catch on it will shift our world. I never realized how powerful one prayer could be and how one request from one person could instantly bless an entire city. I feel like a dark cloud has been lifted and Satan no longer has power to work against my family. I'm learning that as I ask for darkness to be loosed from my community and places I shop etc. it blesses all of those people. The evil leaves and for a moment people are able to see the truth of who they are and why they are here. It's really powerful. I'm going to keep doing this and help plant seeds of righteousness everywhere I go. It's made life so much fun and so interesting! People don't seem to get enthused with the depressing and scary facts that are happening, but when I talk about heaven and all the good things that are coming, a spark lights inside of them. They want to be a part of the good stuff.

This has been my experience lately. Very good article. Thank you!! 😊

Her reply:

Wow! This is beyond exciting - good on you for exercising your spiritual power to bless all around you. I'd like to hear more about this specifically.


I've decided to share the details about this and how I made this recent shift, right here on my blog. I've divided this blog post into a few parts to make it easier to digest. I'll share what changed for me, what was revealed to me, how I'm applying it, and how it's changed my life. I have so many amazing experiences to share that have happened just over the last week. I hope this post inspires a lot of people. Amazing things are just around the corner!

No comments: