Thursday, October 12, 2017

Let's Talk General Conference! (Part 2)


I had some strong headwinds this week while trying to save and upload part 2 of this video! I spent days and hours trying to fix program bugs, errors, and even cleaning out unexpected viruses. After several tutorials and starting to feel defeated, I came to the realization that maybe...just maybe there were darker forces at play here.

My YouTube channel got slammed over the last 24 hours with cruel & attacking comments. People appearing as fellow church members who were trolling my videos, and overwhelming the comment feed. These types of comments are never published and always deleted. My YouTube channel as well as this blog, are to be places where the Spirit is cultivated and contention is not tolerated. The thought came to me about why the internet community has given these types of people the name "trolls".

The Urban Dictionary defines a troll as - "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

The Wikipedia defines mythological trolls as:

"In Norse mythology, beings described as "trolls" dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely described as helpful or friendly. 

The Old Norse term for "troll"  is used to denote various beings, such as a jötunn or mountain-dweller, a witch,  an evil spirit, a ghost, a blámaðr, a magical boar, a heathen demi-god, a demon, a brunnmigi, or a berserker.

Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, where they live far from human habitation, are not Christianized, and are considered dangerous to human beings."

No, they are not like the cute little creatures in the animated cartoons. I truly feel that there are certain individuals ("cyber bullies", "trolls", etc.) who are being influenced by evil, and who can attack us with unseen forces of darkness. Servants of the adversary whether they realize it or not.

I blessed my computer, prayed over the programs, commanded all darkness out of my home, electrical circuits, wireless transmission etc. and asked the Lord to cease all efforts of the enemy against me. After doing so, the programs all began to run smoothly again, and without any further problems, my video saved successfully and uploaded quickly!

Sharing the messages of General Conference surely must be a powerful weapon of Light that Satan is not thrilled about. He did not want this video to happen. However, with the Lord on our side we can be victorious against darkness!

P.S....you better believe that I pray for my enemies - even the trolls :)

No comments: