Friday, August 18, 2017

An Epiphany About A Recent Experience - and the Eclipse

On August 9th, I shared a video on my blog with the message of the week. At 9:49 into the video I shared an experience that happened a few weeks ago about some items my mom found on the side of the road, and the interpretation of that experience. Yesterday, while editing the video that I filmed (of that very moment when my mom showed me the items) for the family vlog, I heard my mom say in reference to the gold balloon and my daughter turning it into a costume, "She should be an Egyptian Pharaoh". Then she held up the ear of corn. You can see this at 20:09 into the family vlog episode. When I caught this in the video and again saw the ear of corn, immediately the Spirit spoke to me "the Pharaoh's dream".

Did his dream contain corn? - I wondered. I had thought it was grain. Then I could hear the scripture reciting in my mind... and yes, it was corn. So I turned to Genesis 41:

4 ...So Pharaoh awoke.

5 And he slept and dreamed the second time: and, behold, seven ears of corn came up upon one stalk, rank and good.

6 And, behold, seven thin ears and blasted with the east wind sprung up after them.

7 And the seven thin ears devoured the seven rank and full ears. And Pharaoh awoke, and, behold, it was a dream.

I had not made this connection until yesterday. That experience and interpretation, has a dual meaning! I never realized that that experience could have anything to do with eclipse. In fact, when I made that video, I hadn't yet researched the eclipse or written my post. Now looking back, it's another confirmation for me about the seven year period that this eclipse ushers in. I had mentioned in my post that I felt it would be a time of great prosperity for those "with ears to hear"and a possible grace period for the unrepentant. This would be followed by an additional seven year period of what I'll call "birth pains".

We learn from Revelation 2:21-22 that the Lord gives the unrepentant a grace period.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

In my video I said that the items my mom found were symbolic of prosperity and the beginning of a new era for those with "ears to hear". These two messages are absolutely tied together! I continue to hear in various dream expert and scientific circles that the September 23rd alignment in addition to the August 21st eclipse indicates an "age change" of how we have lived the past 2,000 years and a "new way" is coming into birth or existence.

What Does This Mean?

We can learn from the scriptures the patterns in which the Lord uses to teach us.
  • Joseph was given 7 years of plenty to prepare for the 7 year famine. He stored up 20% of all of Egypt’s abundant harvest for 7 years against the 7 years of prophesied famine.
  • Noah was warned to prepare food and enter the ark 7 days before the flood began.
  • Rahab was warned prior to the 7 day battle of Jericho (in which the children of Israel would compass the city 7 times) to make plans to save her family. Some sources say she was warned 7 days prior to the battle (I have not been able to yet verify that). The prevalence of the number seven however, in the Lord’s dealing with Jericho’s defense is significant. Throughout the law of Moses, seven was used numerous times to signify the covenant. 
Again, we see a 7 year cycle beginning Monday with the eclipse and repeating in 2024. Though these scriptures speak of temporal preparations, I'd like to focus on spiritual preparations.

In Joshua 3:5 in preparation to take Jericho, Joshua tells the people to sanctify themselves and the Lord will do wonders among them the following day.

5 And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the Lord will do wonders among you.

Just like with Moses, the waters rose up out of the way so that the people could pass through to Jericho.

16 That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

At Jericho the walls collapsed and they were able to take the city. Later, the Lord tells the people to sanctify themselves again - after losing a battle to the people of Ai. After doing this, they are victorious and are able to take the city of Ai.

13 Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the Lord God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

 We can learn from this that when we sanctify ourselves, the Lord can show us BIG miracles!

I found it interesting that after studying Jericho all afternoon, my son came home from piano lessons and showed me a new song his teacher gave to him to learn called, "Jericho". Coincidences, confirmations, whatever you'd like to call them - they mean very little if you don't have ears to hear.

Here's a great suggestion that I offer in preparation for Monday. The eclipse signifies so much on the horizon, and I believe that as we witness it, the Spirit may speak some things to our heart. This weekend would be a great time to reflect on the kind of person you really want to be. Monday could be a time to start over - a personal reset. This weekend would also be a great time to visit the temple and reflect on messages that the Spirit may have for you personally. It would be a great opportunity to fast for big changes. Even a fast of gratitude would do wonders. If you have been praying for big changes such as with world issues, family issues, personal struggles etc. this would be a great time to put forth your faith and in great prayer and fasting, give it your all! Spend some quiet time searching and studying out your scriptures. See where the Spirit guides you - and then just be still.

No comments: