Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Mysteries of the Kingdom

August was such a busy month for me. Sorry about being MIA. Do you ever feel like you you have so many things you need and want to get done but so little time in the day? This has been my obstacle all summer. Now that that kids are back in school I'm hoping to get a better handle on my list of things to do. This blog is definitely on that list.

Some AMAZING things have happened to me this summer. What's mentioned in the these scriptures below has happened to me!

Doctrine and Covenants 76:7 

And to them will I reveal all mysteries, yea, all the hidden mysteries of my kingdom from days of old, and for ages to come, will I make known unto them the good pleasure of my will concerning all things pertaining to my kingdom.

Doctrine and Covenants 6:11

And if thou wilt inquire, thou shalt know mysteries which are great and marvelous; therefore thou shalt exercise thy gift, that thou mayest find out mysteries, that thou mayest bring many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, convince them of the error of their ways.

I can't go in to detail today but as I continue posting, I'll share a little more each time. I will say that there is so much knowledge that we don't have but if we genuinely ask with righteous desires it will be given to us. I have had so much personal revelation about "mysteries of the kingdom" revealed to me that I became mentally and physically exhausted last month. It's so much to comprehend and once you have the knowledge you have on obligation to apply it and be held accountable for it.

I know that there is a time and place for everything. I was not ready for this knowledge until recently. I have shared it with others and have found that some were ready to hear it and have embraced it and sought out for more and others did not seem to understand or have any desire to hear more. They were not ready.

I was reminded about the scripture,

Mathew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

and...

Doctrine and Covenants 41:6

For it is not meet that the things which belong to the children of the kingdom should be given to them that are not worthy, or to dogs, or the pearls to be cast before swine.

I truly believe that we are all at different levels of spiritual learning. Some of us are seekers of the truth and we receive revelation daily (knock and it shall be opened, ask and ye shall receive) and others don't yet have that desire to seek out further truth and knowledge...and that's okay.

But I testify from personal experience that when you are ready to hear truth it is delicious to the soul! It's a euphoric feeling and it burns inside of you. Just like Alma says below,

Alma 32:28

Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

Because of what I know and have been learning, my purpose and mission in this life has become more clear and more important. I am working and strengthening my gifts to better help do my part in building the Kingdom of God. Sentences in my patriarchal blessing are now clear to me and I am seeing wonderous miracles come to pass.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. His power is real and His atonement it real. Our Father in Heaven's love for us is endless. Until we truly believe in His power and how it can bless our lives, our faith will not be enough to see those miracles happen in our lives. This is what Moroni spoke about when he said,

Moroni 7:37

Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.

WE can have these amazing miracles happen in our lives on a DAILY basis, just like in the days of the ancient prophets if we start believing again. If we exercise our faith.

That is all I can say for now. I ask that you pray about this. Get yourself in a position to desire to increase your faith and to have a closer relationship with your Heavenly Father and the Savior. With what lies ahead in these last days, it will be our faith that sustains us. It's so important that we get ourselves prepared.

I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments: