Sunday, February 19, 2017

Seek the Lord's Face


One early morning while praying in my closet, I had a special experience and wrote about it in my journal. I felt prompted as of lately to share it on here.

December 31, 2016

I want to share a special experience. The other day the Lord led me to a message that encouraged me to ask to see the face of the Lord. To seek His face. Then I was led to a scripture that confirmed the message. This was all during my prayer time. So, I decided to ask. I prayed out loud, "Lord, can I see your face? Will you show me?"

I looked around, waiting for Him to appear, believing that He would, otherwise He would not have revealed to me to ask. Then, there I saw Him, and I lit up with joy! In a pile of my husband's clothes was the face of the Lord. I quickly grabbed a pen so that I could draw it, then a voice said, "Why don't you just take a picture?" I laughed that I hadn't thought of that. I took my phone and took a picture. I felt that there was a message about garments in the scriptures that the Lord wanted to share with me, which is why He appeared in my husband's clothes. 

Alma 34:36 And this I know, because the Lord hath said he dwelleth not in unholy temples, but in the hearts of the righteous doth he dwell; yea, and he has also said that the righteous shall sit down in his kingdom, to go no more out; but their garments should be made white through the blood of the Lamb.

I went on to talk about how we can find the Lord within us, when we are righteous. I took this picture to the family Christmas party and only the children could make out the Savior's face. They saw Him right away. Only two adults, could see Him, all other adults saw only a pile of clothes. Jesus was telling me that in order to experience Him in the flesh we must first be able to find Him in the spirit. We must have eyes to see, and recognize Him all around us. 

Doctrine and Covenants 93:1 It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;

I know this to be true! Seek Him, and you will find Him. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen. 








No comments: