Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Meeting the Savior - Part 2


I told you that I would share with you what I am giving Christ this holiday season.

In my last post I shared with you some personal experiences and accounts from a few people who had died and met the Savior before being brought back to life in the hospital. Their experiences were miraculous and glorious! Something I have found to be quite common in just about every NDE when someone meets the Savior, He asks them "What have you done for your fellow man?" They are then shown a review of their life.

Almost every time, the person feels like they could have done more to help others during their life. They then learn on the other side how important service is and that it's really what we should be occupying ourselves with daily. The natural man is quick to build up his empire on Earth with riches, fame and worldly status. However, on the other side, none of that matters. Your mansion in heaven is built for you based on your good deeds, service and love you rendered to others.

Ether 12:34
And now I know that this love which thou hast had for the children of men is charity; wherefore, except men shall have charity they cannot inherit that place which thou hast prepared in the mansions of thy Father.

Christ is the very best example of service. He healed the sick, the blind and afflicted, raised the dead and was a friend to all. He expected nothing in return but asked that man might follow Him.

We can follow Him by trying to be like Him. If everyone tried to be like the Savior this world would transform itself into heaven on Earth. What a beautiful thought!

I know that if the Savior knocked on my door, I would jump for joy in humble reverence at the opportunity to welcome Him into my home and make Him feel comfortable. I would meet any request asked of me and it would be a blessing. The Savior probably will never show up at my doorstep however that doesn't mean that I will not have the opportunity to serve Him personally. After all, we know that when we are serving others, we are serving the Lord.

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Every time I hear someone testify that Jesus Christ is the Lord, whether it be a prophet, an account of a near death experience, a child, or just a neighbor down the street, I always feel the Spirit confirm that truth upon me.

In the Song "Oh Holy Night" (especially the Celine Dion and Josh Groban versions) there is a strong witness of our Savior. I am always filled with the Holy Spirit like massive waves of warm water rolling down from my head to my toes. I can't get enough of this song and it is my favorite Christmas song by all means.

Even without the music, the lyrics alone are very powerful.

Oh Holy Night

O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Til He appeared and the soul felt it's worth

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn

Fall on your knees
O hear the angel voices
O night divine!
O night when Christ was born
O night divine!
O night, O night divine!

And in His Name, all oppression shall cease
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we
Let all within us praise his holy name
Christ is the Lord!
Their name forever praise we

Noel, Noel
O night, O night Divine
Noel, Noel
O night, O night Divine
Noel, Noel
O night, O holy Divine

If you know Jesus is the Christ, the Lord, the Savior of the Earth, then share that with the world. I challenge you to look for opportunities each day where you can lift someone's burden and help them feel Christ's love for them. Whether it be a smile, a helping hand, a kind word, a kind gesture, or giving someone your time. Before your head hits the pillow each night, ask yourself, "What have I done to help my fellow man today?"

The gift I am giving my Savior this year and every year is charity through service and love. I know that is how we can best serve our Lord and Savior. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Here is a link to some short videos that best represent that sacred and special night when Christ was born. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

http://lds.org/bible-videos?lang=eng

No comments: