Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Gathering is Hastening - A Delightful Experience!



A dear sweet sister (Marsha), approached my good friend Lynn Ridenhour and I at the FIRM expo a couple weeks ago. The FIRM expo is an International Book of Mormon evidence conference held twice a year. Lynn had just finished speaking to a large crowd of 800 attendees about our "Believers Building Bridges" tour, and was over at his table signing books. There was a long line of people wanting to meet Lynn, and many of them approached me as well and we made some wonderful connections. 

Marsha excitedly introduced herself to Lynn and I and said, "I just had to run home and get a copy of this for you! The Spirit told me to run home and get this, and so I did!" In her hand she held some papers stapled together and explained to us that she had been on a journey over the past several years to gather scriptures and quotes that in a sense promoted our message of interfaith unity. She had put together this document and had kept it to herself until now. She said she was delighted to find that there are others out there on this same journey. It brought her so much joy and hope. The excitement of her energy was contagious and I asked her for permission to share what she had collected on my blog. She happily consented and gave me a copy. 

She later concluded in an email:

"The scriptures are the ones the Lord gave me on my personal journey in understanding His great work, which has been a life changer for me; I am so happy to share them with the hope they will bless others as well. I thought at first only LDS [Latter-day Saint] people would be interested, but the Lord has impressed upon my mind that they will bless many others as well in helping them understand the beautiful words He has given to some of His Latter-day prophets, which have been recorded and given to us today. I have written commentary explaining the use of these scriptures. I think it's worded pretty well, so just read it!"

I have included her research below and if you click on the images, you can make them bigger and they are much easier to read. :)







No comments: