Thursday, November 16, 2017

The "Science" of Happiness

I am so excited to be able to finally share this here! Because it's about "the science of happiness", I hesitated sharing it here on my spiritual blog, after recently having a prompting to do so. 

Just a little background story: I created this workshop a couple of years ago (upon request), and it was designed to focus on the science of happiness - as it was designed for a non-religious setting. I would travel to teach it at state and government organizations to their employees. However, when I made the private recording of it in early 2016, I was able to add a bit of my own personal beliefs to it.

What I loved about teaching this workshop, was that in a round-about way, it would bring people to Christ. It would get the wheels turning in their minds and people would come up to me after the class and want to talk about the gospel. They would tell me that they "felt something" and wanted to talk more about it. I would bring up scriptures that they recognized and suddenly they had this new excitement to go dust off their Bible and read it. Though I never mentioned the gospel, there are subtle annotations that point to it such as the scientific law of "like attracts like" which is essentially the "Parable of the Sower" that Jesus speaks of in the New Testament. 

Keep in mind that this workshop has nothing to do with religion or doctrine, it is pure science and research (though I do add my own spiritual thoughts and insight throughout). It's great for explaining how science and Christianity testify of each other. God is the creator of science and as we study the science of happiness (feelings and emotions) we can see and feel His hand in it!

Because I was hired (to create and teach this workshop) I was paid very well for doing so, and therefore was unable to share it for free. When workshop participants requested to have continued access to it, I decided to make the private recorded online series that I have been selling in my store for $40.00. A couple weeks ago, I had a strong prompting to no longer sell this workshop and offer it for free to all on my YouTube channel. I took a break from speaking this year, and have decided if I pick it back up again, I'll design another workshop on a new topic. :)

One thing I'd like to add is that happiness and joy are two different things. This workshop focuses on the science behind the actual feeling of happiness. Many things can help us feel happy, but joy is something of a more eternal nature. It is everlasting! That's something I have touched on this week's video message that I'm still editing. Stay tuned...

Enjoy!







No comments: