Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Prayer and Protection


The other night my youngest daughter Cambrey woke up at 3:30 A.M screaming my name. I ran into her room to see what the matter was. It was the worst screaming I had ever heard, almost as if someone was trying to kidnap her.

I ran into the room, hit the light and she reached up for me. I asked her what the matter was and she replied, "A monster vampire was in my room." I asked where he was and she said that he came out of the closet and went back in when I came.

It's my job as a mom to believe what my children tell me and I believed her. What ever it was had terribly frightened her. These things always tend to happen at 3:30 A.M. from my personal experience. I believe that evil can manifest in real life and in dreams - either way, I knew this was real and I needed to do something.

I checked the closet just to make sure and then I asked her if we should say a prayer and she happily said, "yes". I asked her to say it and my two year old said the most amazing prayer I have ever heard her speak. She was wide awake, very alert and spoke very clearly. She prayed that she would be safe from the monster and protected. After the prayer was over she said I could go back to bed and I could turn out her light. Talk about faith.

She happily went right back to bed as did I, and everyone slept peacefully until morning.

I know that calling on the Lord in prayer and asking for protection, works. If we have the faith that our prayer will be answered - it will. My two year old can testify without a doubt that Heavenly Father listens and answers. I say this in Jesus' name amen.

No comments: