Monday, June 24, 2013

Hastening the Work - My Own Little Journey

I attended the worldwide leadership training yesterday on "Hastening the Work". It was at the stake center and there were only enough there to fill the chapel. It was an invitation for all members to attend if they wanted to, but it seems like only those with leadership callings were there. I can never pass up a chance to hear the prophet and apostles speak - so I had to go.

Between the lessons in church and this broadcast, yesterday was very interesting indeed! There were so many "coincidences" that happened, it really seems as though the Lord was preparing me for this message. At the end of the day, I felt the overwhelming desire to be a missionary!

Here's the link to the broadcast below. There were so many beautiful stories shared and I received so much revelation as to what I need to be personally doing to help build the kingdom of God. What a powerful testimony that this work is real and the leaders of the church are truly called of God.

I'm so excited and I've already put together a plan of what I'm going to do to help out the Lord. Now that I've replaced all of my afternoon time with things that are more meaningful and eternal, I feel a huge sense of joy and purpose. I sense great things around the corner. Stay tuned as I'll be sharing my experiences with you :)


http://www.lds.org/church/news/members-and-missionaries-to-partner-in-work-of-salvation?CID=HPL2P01W01032&lang=eng

No comments: