Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Last of the Last Days - What Does that Look Like?

Did we enter the 120th Hebrew jubilee cycle on September 23rd 2017? And if so, what does that mean?

Genesis 6:3 

And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.


A Little Preface


A month ago, I watched a video by Dr. Bruce Allen, called "Message of the Third Day" (scroll down to see the video) It stirred my soul and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Today I was reminded of that video and felt inspired to share it here on my blog.

Dr. Allen and his wife are traveling ministers of Still Waters International Ministries. I love how the Lord uses the mouths of 2-3 witnesses to confirm certain truths. I love when the Lord sends witnesses from other faiths to confirm a truth in your own faith. These additional witnesses always add to my testimony,  as I am not one to discount someone's experiences and testimony just because they belong to another faith. I'd like to touch on that a little more before I share the message.

Some often ask, "Doesn't God only use members of the Church to do His work on the earth? If God uses other men to help do His work how come He doesn't lead them to join the Church?"

In response to this question, Elder Orson F. Whitney once said,

"Perhaps the Lord needs such men on the outside of his Church, to help it along. They are among its auxiliaries, and can do more good for the cause where the Lord has placed them, than anywhere else. And the same is true of the priesthood and its auxiliaries inside the Church. Hence, some are drawn into the fold and receive a testimony of the Truth; while others remain unconverted—for the present;...


...God is using more than one people for the accomplishment of his great and marvelous work. The Latter-day Saints cannot do it all. It is too vast, too arduous, for any one people...


...Again I say, the Lord's Work has need of auxiliaries outside as well as inside, to help it along. Because of their worldly influence—which would depart if they connected themselves with the Church—many are kept where they are, where the Lord has placed them, and can best use them for the good of all. (Conference Report, April 1928, p.59-60)"


Ezra Taft Benson said,

"God, the Father of us all, uses the men of the earth, especially good men, to accomplish his purposes. It has been true in the past, it is true today, it will be true in the future." (Conference Report, April 1928, p.59). (Civic Standards For the Faithful Saints," Ensign, July 1972, p.59)


We are not doing God's work for Him, rather God is doing His own work through us! His children are His instruments. God is not limited in choice of instruments. He uses all for His purposes and we are all assisting in His work , whether knowingly or unknowingly. Eventually all that belongs to Christ will be gathered in together in Christ.

When something comes across my path and it feels good, right, and of the Lord - but my logical mind steps in to create doubt, I am always reminded of what happened to the children of Israel as well as the words of Alma 12 that echo loud in my mind and heart.

Alma 12:10

10 And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full.

You know me, I always give the benefit of the doubt - unless the Spirit gives me a red light. I got the green light on this video, and I think it's because there were many confirmations of things I had recently heard spoken of in stake conference and general conference. Those were the gems that I gravitated to in Dr. Allen's message.

The Day We Live In

If I had time to transcribe this video, I certainly would - there is so much value in this message! Here's a sum of the gems I took away from this video:

  • Do you love the promise of the Lord more than the Lord of the promise?
  • The era we entered on 9/23/17 is a period of testing and cleansing
  • The Lord will do a mighty work that confounds the learned (what does that look like?)
  • Are we prepared for what the Lord is about to do throughout the earth as prophesied in the scriptures?
  • Are we moved to action?
  • "I'd rather error on the side of faith, than succeed on the side of doubt"
  • Develop a personal relationship with the Savior right now so you will know Him when He comes. so you will not be deceived.

We learn in Doctrine and Covenants 84:23 about the frustration Moses experienced as he sought to sanctify his people so that they could see the face of the Lord. Moses didn't teach in parables, he taught things plain and simple. The children of Israel did not want to receive these plain and precious teachings, and therefore hardened their hearts against the truth. The Lord was unable to show them His glory as long as they were in the wilderness. Because of their unbelief and closing off their hearts to truth, the Lord took away the greater knowledge and gave them the basics.

Likewise in our day, many will harden their hearts against truth and light. Modern-day revelation and scripture teaches us that the Lord keeps His promise to manifest Himself to all who will sanctify themselves and be humble.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:1


Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;

Doctrine and Covenants 35:21

For they will hear my voice, and shall see me, and shall not be asleep, and shall abide the day of my coming; for they shall be purified, even as I am pure.

Doctrine and Covenants 61:38


Gird up your loins and be watchful and be sober, looking forth for the coming of the Son of Man, for he cometh in an hour you think not.


Doctrine and Covenants 88:68

Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.


Doctrine and Covenants 76:117-118

To whom he grants this privilege of seeing and knowing for themselves;

That through the power and manifestation of the Spirit, while in the flesh, they may be able to bear his presence in the world of glory.


2 Nephi 27:22-23

Wherefore, when thou hast read the words which I have commanded thee, and obtained the witnesses which I have promised unto thee, then shalt thou seal up the book again, and hide it up unto me, that I may preserve the words which thou hast not read, until I shall see fit in mine own wisdom to reveal all things unto the children of men.


In Summary

The day that we are living in can best be summed up by John 14:12-13,

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

There are so many wonderful things we get to look forward to as the Lord carries out His marvelous work upon the Earth. I don't think our mind can begin to comprehend what that entails to the fullest. I am excited to be a member of the Church of the Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in what many are calling, "The Last of the Last Days".

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: