Monday, January 27, 2014

The Movement Against the Family

You don't have to look hard to see the many ways Satan tries to destroy the family on a daily basis. This recent blog post, I Look Down On Young Women With Husbands and Kids and I'm Not Sorry, has been all over facebook, news headlines and talk radio.  When I first saw this post last week it didn't anger me but instead made me feel sorry for the woman who wrote it. How can a woman who is not married and does not have kids, make such judgements about women who are married and do have kids? I saw it as a possible bandaid post to cover up some personal inner sadness and insecurities. When you are happy with yourself and your life, you don't make the time and effort to put down others - instead you use your time to help uplift and build up others.

All of these feminist movements have an underlying tone of personal unhappiness and it's a personal choice to read into them and become bothered or simply just ignore them. Because of the way this post effected so many people that I know, I felt I need to respond.

Here is my personal response to this blog post:

Motherhood is Truly Remarkable

Also, here is a wonderful article about motherhood that I found in the March 1983 Ensign by Margaret Richards.

I Rejoice in Being a Mother

No comments: