Sunday, March 28, 2010

Let Them Worship What They May


The 11th Article of Faith reads:

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where or what they may.

I think President Dieter Uchtdorf sums this up very well when he stated;

"When my own family contemplates the phrase “faith of our fathers,” often it is the Lutheran faith that comes to mind. For generations our ancestors belonged to that denomination. In fact, my son recently discovered that one of our family lines connects back to Martin Luther himself.

We honor and respect sincere souls from all religions, no matter where or when they lived, who have loved God, even without having the fullness of the gospel. We lift our voices in gratitude for their selflessness and courage. We embrace them as brothers and sisters, children of our Heavenly Father."

I have so many friends who belong to so many different faiths. I respect and admire them for their dedication to their beliefs and worship. They help make this world a better place and I am grateful for that.

I am grateful that we live in a country where we have freedom of religion and can practice our beliefs openly. I know that this great land of America was consecrated for this very purpose. God desires for us to have these freedoms and to have our free agency. I am grateful for this blessing and this I say in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments: